5 Ingredient Marinara Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers!! The easiest weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
Shredded rotisserie chicken is tossed with your favorite marinara, salt and pepper then stuffed into bell pepper halves. Topped off with cheese and Italian seasoning and baked until bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes and dig in! It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
These stuffed peppers only call for 5 simple ingredients and can be prepped in less than 10 minutes!
- Red bell peppers. You can of course use any bell pepper you would like, however, I prefer red.
- Shredded chicken. (I use rotisserie chicken to make it extra easy!)
- Marinara. (Use your favorite marinara here– I used Rao’s)
- Shredded cheese blend. (I used an italian pizza blend, you could also use mozzarella and parmesan)
- Italian seasoning.
- Salt and pepper.
- Parsley. Optional.
- Red pepper flakes. Optional.
- Salt + Pepper.
Why You’ll Love this recipe:
There are so many reasons to love stuffed bell peppers, but here are just a few reasons!
- EASY. Aside from being absolutely delicious, this recipe only requires 5 very simple ingredients. If you have everything ready to go, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare before popping the peppers into the oven to bake. Perfect for busy weeknights and kid approved!
- Perfect for meal prep— stuffed peppers re-heat perfectly and last in the fridge for 3-4 days, making it an ideal heat and eat kind of lunch. I typically serve alongside a big side of mixed greens with a simple vinaigrette for lunch and it’s filling and delicious!
- Healthy. These peppers are filled with lean cooked chicken and marinara, and only topped with a little bit of cheese. They have no rice making them a great low carb meal option.
- Adjustable! One of my favorite things about stuffed peppers recipes is that you can change it up depending on what you have on hand. You could always use ground chicken instead of chicken breast. You could add in spinach, diced zucchini, onion, garlic, etc!
How to make these easy and healthy bell peppers:
Making these marinara chicken stuffed peppers couldn’t be any easier! I prefer using cooked rotisserie chicken because it works perfectly and makes the prep time speedy fast! I typically buy a rotisserie chicken each week and have the shredded chicken ready in the fridge for simple recipes like this.
TIPP: Shred and store your rotisserie chicken right when you get home from the store while it’s still warm. It comes off the bone much easier when it’s warm. Also, having it prepped in the fridge is a game changer! You can make these bell peppers, add it to quesadillas, make chicken salad, enchiladas, tacos, so many options!
When you are ready to make dinner, slice your bell peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and stems and then place cut side up into a greased baking dish. Next, grab some shredded chicken from the fridge and add it to a bowl with your favorite marinara, salt and pepper. Toss it up and then add to the prepared bell pepper halves. Top it all off with shredded cheese and Italian seasoning, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melty. Then, remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or so, option to broil for the last minute or two. Lastly, garnish with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes (optional) and enjoy!
- With roasted vegetables; my favorite is zucchini and red onion with these peppers, but any of course works!
- A big side salad. I typically keep my side salads very simple- mixed greens, cucumber, red onion, red wine vinaigrette, olive oil, salt and pepper. Hits the spot every time!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!! As always, if you make this recipe, a star rating and review below is so greatly appreciated! It’s helpful for me and for other readers. Thank you so much for being here!!Print
5 Ingredient Marinara Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
These Marinara Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers are ready in just about 30 minutes and only require 5 Ingredients! The absolute perfect weeknight dinner. Shredded rotisserie chicken is tossed with marinara, salt and pepper then stuffed in bell peppers, topped with cheese and italian seasoning and baked to perfection!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 cup marinara of choice (I used Rao’s)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese blend (I used an italian pizza blend, you could also use mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, for serving, optional
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 x 11 casserole dish.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stem. Place in casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine chicken, marinara, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide chicken mixture among bell pepper halves, then top with cheese and Italian seasoning. Add a little bit of water to the base of the casserole dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes, option to broil last few minutes to get the cheese nice and golden.
- Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes and serve with a big salad.
Keywords: chicken stuffed bell peppers, italian chicken, 5 ingredients, easy recipes, 30 minute meal