MAPLE OAT MIXTURE (base and top layer)
- 3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips, optional
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 T sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line greased 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine oats, almond butter, brown sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until mixture is well combined and oats broken up, but not too much as you want to keep some texture.
- Press a little over half of the oat mixture into the parchment lined pan. Reserve the rest for the top.
- To prepare the filling, combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, spice, and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over the top of the base layer, followed by remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until edges start to brown. Remove from oven, and preheat oven broiler.
- Top with chocolate chips and place under broiler for 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Using a spoon gently press melted choclate into the oat mixture and spread around.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Best if stored in fridge.