Butt(ernut) Squash Season is back and badder than ever.
When I got home from work yesterday, I was honestly so tired and my brain felt like mush, so trying to pre-plan what I was going to make for dinner was much more difficult than usual. I let myself go with the flow, and ended up coming up with these Manchego Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers, and man oh man were they just what the doc ordered.
I knew I had cubed butternut squash in the fridge and this new spice mix that i’d been dying to try- Manchego & Roasted Garlic Veggie Roaster by Urban Accents. This is not a sponsored post, I just thought it was absolutely delicious, and was very impressed so I wanted to share it with you all. I found them at Central Market, but you can also get it on the Urban Accents Website or on Amazon. Having seasoning mixes around makes it really easy to add BIG flavor to otherwise basic roasted veggies, and i’ll definitely be utilizing them more often.
Any who, this was a very simple and thrown together meal that turned ahh-mazing, and I can’t wait to make it again. And again. And again.
If I wasn’t dilly dallying around the kitchen (and snapping pics), I could have had this on the table in less than 45 minutes start to finish. But keep in mind the squash and chickpeas are roasting for 25 of those minutes, so very minimal hands on time is actually required.
You will Need:
- Olive Oil
- 2 c cubed butternut squash
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Urban Accents Manchego & Roasted Garlic Seaoning
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 c spinach
That’s simple enough, right? You so got this.
If you’re looking for a side dish instead of an entree, feel free to serve the Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpeas straight outta the oven, just don’t forget to top with parmesan and parsley. I kept reaching down for just *one more bite*.. and it was perfect as is. Otherwise, Roast, fill, bake, and you’ll have a delicious meal right in front of you.Print
Manchego & Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 c cubed Butternut Squash
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 T Urban Accents Manchego & Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed, sliced in half
- 1 c cooked spinach
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Parmesan, Ricotta, and Parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut squash, onion, and chickpeas with olive oil & Urban Accents seasoning. Spread evenly onto parchment paper, and Roast for 20-25 minutes, gently tossing half way through to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, place peppers cut side up into greased casserole dish, set aside.
- Heat oil in small saute pan, add spinach, and cook until wilted.
- Toss Roasted Butternut Squash mixture with cooked spinach, and reduce oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill each pepper half with Squash mixture, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with big spoonful of Ricotta and garnish with Parsley. Serve!!