The perfect super easy make-ahead breakfast! Low carb, packed with protein, and ready in just about 30 minutes.
These Make-Ahead Sausage Egg Cups are so incredibly delicious and easy. They are very similar to my traditional breakfast casserole recipe on the blog, however, they don’t call for any bread (low-carb!), and are portioned out into individual servings making it a great option for meal prep.
Filled with sausage, egg, cheese, and spinach- these egg muffins are healthy and perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go!
Ingredients needed for these Make-Ahead Sausage Egg Cups:
- Breakfast sausage
- Spices- Garlic powder, dried mustard, salt, and pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make Sausage Egg Cups
As you can see, the ingredient list for these cheesy sausage egg muffins is very minimal, and making them is also super easy! Start by cooking up your sausage, onion, garlic, and spices in a non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Next, whisk up your eggs and milk. Fill each muffin cup with the prepared sausage mixture, a little shredded cheddar cheese, chopped spinach, and lastly the whisked egg mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, and voila!!
Now you have breakfast prepped and ready to go for the week! I hope you love them!!
As always, if you make and love this recipe, a comment and review below is SO very appreciated! Thank you for being here! XO, LindsayPrint
Make-Ahead Sausage Egg Cups
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 7 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin (I love using my silicone muffin liners for easy clean up)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon, until fully cooked through. Add onion, garlic, garlic powder, dried mustard, salt, and pepper, and sauté another few minutes until onion is soft; set this mixture aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs and milk together and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Distribute sausage mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Top with cheese and chopped spinach (pressing down to pack the cups if needed).
- Next, evenly distribute egg mixture into the cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Store in an airtight container for 4 days. Enjoy!!