If you are looking for a new breakfast casserole recipe, you are in the right spot! This Make Ahead Hash Brown Chorizo Breakfast Casserole is incredibly flavorful, filling, and so so easy.
There’s nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning and popping a breakfast casserole directly into the oven. The work is all done the night before which leaves you sipping on coffee, patiently waiting for the casserole to bake. That’s my kinda Saturday!
Make Ahead breakfast casseroles are also perfect for holiday’s, especially if you have family in town. No one wants to spend Christmas morning slaving away in the kitchen, which is why making a casserole the night before is key.
This Make Ahead Hash Brown Chorizo Breakfast Casserole is so so so delicious! It’s loaded with hash browns, mexican chorizo, peppers, onions, eggs, and cheese, and baked to golden perfection!
I personally love toppings, so I topped it off with sliced jalapeños, cilantro, and served it with a side of salsa. Absolutely delicious!!
OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS!!
- BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 5 INGREDIENT SHEET PAN SWEET POTATO HASH
- MUSHROOM KALE EGG CUPS
- INDIVIDUAL BREAKFAST CASSEROLES (MAKE-AHEAD!)
- CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON QUICHE
- SWEET POTATO AND CHORIZO HASH
Make Ahead Hash brown Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- 20 oz frozen hashbrowns
- 1 lb pork chorizo
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced (use 1/2 if you want it less spicy)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
- 7 eggs
- 2 c whole milk
- 2 1/2 c shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Remove hash browns from the freezer and add to a 9 x 14 greased casserole dish; set aside.
- Heat 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon, until fully cooked through. I don’t drain the grease unless there is an overwhelming amount because it adds delicious flavor.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 3-4 minutes, until peppers are soft.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper together until smooth and creamy.
- Spread chorizo mixture evenly on top of hash browns then top with cheese.
- Pour whisked eggs all over the top, and using a fork press down so that it’s in an even layer and everything is coated by the egg mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 55-65 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with jalapeños, cilantro, salsa, and any other toppings of choice! Enjoy!