If you’re looking for easy weeknight dinner inspiration, you are in the right place! These Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Fajitas are seriously the BEST. Simply combine all ingredients in a gallon sized ziplock bag and pop in the freezer for up to 7 months! Talk about life savor during a crazy busy week. You could even make a few bags at a time to really help down the road.
This is the ultimate easy weeknight dinner and perfect for the whole family. They take less than 10 minutes to prep and can be popped in the fridge for later that evening or the freezer for up to 7 months! I suggest putting the date on the ziplock bag do you don’t forget- I always think I’ll remember and then life happens and I forget.
When you are ready to enjoy, remove the bag from the freezer and let thaw in the fridge 24 hours. Then, all you’ll have to do that evening is spread onto a Sheetpan and bake. They are SO easy and SO delicious. Serve with whatever toppings you like– I serve with charred tortillas, jalapeños, cilantro, avocado, lime, and salsa.Print
Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Fajitas
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 white onion, sliced into strips
- 2 1/2 T taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Splash of Mexican beer, (recommend opening one to enjoy and giving this recipe a little splash, obviously optional!)
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon sized ziplock bag, give it a good shake to evenly coat everything. Seal the bag tightly, making sure to remove any air. Option to double bag and freeze for up to 7 months! I suggest putting a date on the bag so you don’t forget.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the bag from the freezer and let thaw in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a large rimmed Sheetpan with foil. Arrange chicken mixture onto Sheetpan and bake for 20-25 minutes, broiling for the last 2-3 minutes to get a little extra char.
- Serve with toppings of choice! Tortillas, lime, cilantro, avocado, salsa, etc.!