Make your life easier with these 5 ingredient make-ahead and freeze skinny breakfast sandwiches. Starbucks Copy Cat version of the Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwiches. So easy, so good, and under 250 calories!
- 6 English muffins
- 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- 6 slices of havarti cheese, or similar (white american, mild cheddar, or gouda)
- 12 egg whites (you can also make these in a non stick skillet omelet style)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9 x 9 or similar rimmed sheet pan.
- Whisk egg whites, salt and pepper; pour into greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked and set.
- While the eggs are cooking, cook turkey bacon in cast iron or non stick skillet. Place onto paper towel lined plate when done.
- When egg whites are cooked, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, using a jar lid or glass rim, cut out circles in the egg whites.
- To assemble the sandwiches, separate the english muffins on a piece of parchment paper. Add egg whites, turkey bacon (broken in half), and a slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich up in foil individually and store in the fridge or freezer. *See notes
Reheating from the fridge: You can use the oven, toaster oven, or microwave. If microwaving, remove the foil, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds. If using the oven, set the oven to 425 degrees and put the foil wrapped sandwich in for 10-15 minutes.
Reheating from the freezer: You can either remove from the freezer and place into the fridge overnight, or follow same instructions above, just leave in a littler longer. Microwave- add 30-60 seconds. Oven- add 10-15 minutes.