Make-Ahead Skinny Breakfast Sandwiches: The Starbucks Copy Cat Version of Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwiches.
Ive always loved the reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks. They are only 250 calories a piece, so I never feel too full after my latte + breakfast, and I’m getting the perfect amount of protein and carbs. The crispy turkey bacon mixed with egg whites and creamy havarti cheese makes for the most delicious combo when layered into a warm english muffin.
These sandwiches are absolutely perfect for meal prep and are less than 5 ingredients!! A new favorite in our house that’s for sure. Make them ahead on Sunday and store them in the fridge or freezer. If you know you won’t be finishing them that week, just pop them in the freezer for the following week or two. When you are ready to eat one, simply throw it in the oven or microwave and wait for that cheesy cheese to melt. They are truly so simple, less than 5 ingredients, and will make your mornings that much easier!Print
Make-Ahead Skinny Breakfast Sandwiches
Make your life easier with these 5 ingredient make-ahead and freeze skinny breakfast sandwiches. Starbucks Copy Cat version of the Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwiches. So easy, so good, and under 250 calories!
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 sandwiches 1x
- 6 English muffins
- 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- 6 slices of havarti cheese, or similar (white american, mild cheddar, or gouda)
- 12 egg whites (you can also make these in a non stick skillet omelet style)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9 x 9 or similar rimmed sheet pan.
- Whisk egg whites, salt and pepper; pour into greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked and set.
- While the eggs are cooking, cook turkey bacon in cast iron or non stick skillet. Place onto paper towel lined plate when done.
- When egg whites are cooked, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, using a jar lid or glass rim, cut out circles in the egg whites.
- To assemble the sandwiches, separate the english muffins on a piece of parchment paper. Add egg whites, turkey bacon (broken in half), and a slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich up in foil individually and store in the fridge or freezer. *See notes
Reheating from the fridge: You can use the oven, toaster oven, or microwave. If microwaving, remove the foil, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds. If using the oven, set the oven to 425 degrees and put the foil wrapped sandwich in for 10-15 minutes.
Reheating from the freezer: You can either remove from the freezer and place into the fridge overnight, or follow same instructions above, just leave in a littler longer. Microwave- add 30-60 seconds. Oven- add 10-15 minutes.