For the Waffles:
- 2 medium- large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded using a box grater
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo + 1 tsp sauce from can
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- Sliced Avocado
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Queso Fresco
- Mexican Crema
- Fried or Poached Egg
- Preheat waffle maker
- In a large bowl, combine grated sweet potato, eggs, garlic, cheese, spices, and chipotle peppers; stir to combine.
- When the waffle iron is preheated, grease both top and bottom of the iron and scoop about 3/4 c of the sweet potato mixture into the iron; gently press to spread out but be careful not to make it too thin.
- Close the iron and let cook for the indicated time plus 1-2 minutes after the light goes off. You want it to become slighly brown and crispy.
- Gently remove from iron, and top with bacon, avocado, onion, cilantro, queso fresco, and mexican crema. Egg optional but highly recommended 🙂