I’m still drooling over these Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Waffles that we had for dinner last night. They turned out so deliciously well, I think I even did a little jig in the kitchen because I was so happy. Well, also because I love love love breakfast for dinner.
I’ve had these 2 lonesome little sweet potatoes lying around all week, so it was their night to shine. I didn’t get home from work until about 6:30, so waiting for the taters to bake or roast in the oven just wasn’t in the cards. Waffles it was! Definitely the quickest option and also something I’ve been dying to make lately.
They were surprisingly easy and can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Also, so satisfying and SO incredibly yummy. If you are a loaded cheese fry lover, then believe me when I say you are about to fall in LOVE with these waffles. They’re perfectly crunchy on the outside & soft on the inside–loaded with green onion, bacon, avocado, queso fresco, mexican crema, and cilantro. Oh– and while you’re at it, why don’t you go ahead and top that bad boy off with a fried egg.Print
Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Waffles
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
For the Waffles:
- 2 medium- large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded using a box grater
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo + 1 tsp sauce from can
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- Sliced Avocado
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Queso Fresco
- Mexican Crema
- Fried or Poached Egg
- Preheat waffle maker
- In a large bowl, combine grated sweet potato, eggs, garlic, cheese, spices, and chipotle peppers; stir to combine.
- When the waffle iron is preheated, grease both top and bottom of the iron and scoop about 3/4 c of the sweet potato mixture into the iron; gently press to spread out but be careful not to make it too thin.
- Close the iron and let cook for the indicated time plus 1-2 minutes after the light goes off. You want it to become slighly brown and crispy.
- Gently remove from iron, and top with bacon, avocado, onion, cilantro, queso fresco, and mexican crema. Egg optional but highly recommended 🙂