Life Changing Iced Gingersnap Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 88 mini gingersnaps 1x
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- a few T water
- 2 T meringue powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place softened butter and sugars into your mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add in molasses, vanilla, and egg, and mix slowly until combined.
- Now add in flour, baking soda, ginger, salt,and pumpkin pie spice. Mix for another minute or so until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/3 c sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Using your hands, roll dough into small 1/2 inch balls and then roll into the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with icing and let cool for 10-15 minutes.