This 5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine is light, refreshing, easy, and perfect for summer.
It comes together effortlessly and pairs well with so many things.
I absolutely LOVE simple pasta dishes. When using super fresh ingredients, you’d be surprised at how few items you really need to make a dish flavorful and delicious. This one proves that point exactly!
I know what you might be thinking.. only 5 ingredients? Is this really going to be that good? Trust me on this one.. this pasta is anything but bland. It’s bright, zesty, creamy, fresh, and simply outstanding.
We went to Italy a few years ago for a Cola family reunion and while we were there, we took a cooking class in Tuscany. Everything we made was bursting with flavor, but we only used minimal ingredients.
We made this tomato soup which I need to re-create for the blog soon! But while we were making it, I remember thinking, we’re only using tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and basil? WOW blew my socks off. The most refreshing, flavorful, and delicious soup I’d ever eaten.
I like to use a high quality olive oil for simple dishes like this one because since we are only using a few ingredients, we want them to be of quality!
The good news is there are only a few things needed for this lemon linguine, so a quick run to the grocery and you’re on your way to making your new favorite summer pasta dish.
You’ll need a good olive oil, fresh garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, dry white wine (to sip on too, of course), fresh basil, and your pasta of choice.
What to serve with this 5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine?
I like to serve this pasta with a crisp side salad, a plate of sliced tomatoes with salt, and toasted bread. It makes for a light, satisfying, and absolutely delicious summer meal. If you want to add a protein– shrimp, salmon, or grilled chicken would all be perfect!
EAT MORE PASTA, RUN FASTA!
- Roasted Tomato Angel Hair
- Mushroom Leek Orecchiette in a white wine butter sauce
- Alessandro’s Spicy Rigatoni
- Spicy Tomato Spinach Linguine
5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine
- Yield: 4–5 1x
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb linguine, cooked per instructions on package
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon + 1/2 c freshly squeeze lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- Salt + freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 8–10 Fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced into strips, optional
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Heat olive oil + butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and fragrant, being very careful not to burn the garlic. Reduce the heat if need be.
- Reduce heat to low, add wine, lemon juice and zest and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook pasta per instructions on package.
- When pasta is finished cooking, reserve 1 c pasta water and set aside. Drain, add directly into skillet with garlic, lemon juice, and wine; toss it up! If needed, add little bits of reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add parmesan and basil (if using) and toss together again. Season to taste with salt, freshly cracked pepper, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Serve in bows with more parmesan and lemon wedges.