This 5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine is light, refreshing, easy, and perfect for summer.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It comes together effortlessly in just ONE pan.
- Simple dinner idea that the whole family will love.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes- perfect for busy weeknights!
- Light, refreshing, and healthy!
- Super creamy without any cream!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This Garlic Lemon Pasta is the best! It only calls for simple, fresh ingredients.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil.
- Linguine. Or pasta of choice!
- Fresh Garlic.
- Lemon Zest.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice.
- White wine.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Fresh basil, optional.
- Red pepper flakes, optional
I absolutely LOVE simple pasta dishes. This one is very similar to the Italian dish Pasta al Limone, however, without any cream. The lemon garlic butter is all we need to make this dish creamy and fantastic!
This simple pasta dish comes together so quick and easy, but is incredibly vibrant and full of flavor!
What to serve with this Lemon Garlic Pasta?
The best part about this pasta recipe is it goes with so many things! It’s incredibly light and versatile.
- A crisp side salad. I love tossing arugula with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and it’s delicious!
- Grilled or sautéed shrimp.
- A plate of sliced tomatoes with salt.
- Toasted bread.
- Pan seared salmon.
- Grilled, baked, or pan seared chicken would be great as well!
EAT MORE PASTA, RUN FASTA!
- Roasted Tomato Angel Hair
- Mushroom Leek Orecchiette in a white wine butter sauce
- Alessandro’s Spicy Rigatoni
- Spicy Tomato Spinach Linguine
5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb linguine, cooked per instructions on package
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon + 1/2 c freshly squeeze lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- Salt + freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 8–10 Fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced into strips, optional
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Heat olive oil + butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and fragrant, being very careful not to burn the garlic. Reduce the heat if need be.
- Reduce heat to low, add wine, lemon juice and zest and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook pasta per instructions on package.
- When pasta is finished cooking, reserve 1 c pasta water and set aside. Drain, add directly into skillet with garlic, lemon juice, and wine; toss it up! If needed, add little bits of reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add parmesan and basil (if using) and toss together again. Season to taste with salt, freshly cracked pepper, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Serve in bows with more parmesan and lemon wedges.