These Jalepeno Turkey Burgers with Avocado Dill Sauce are light, summery, and so delicious.
It’s finally starting to feel like spring here in Dallas, and I’m loving every 70 degree and sunny minute. The only problem is it’s going to fly by and the next thing I know, we’ll be feeling that summa summa summatime heat. Soo.. let’s soak it all up while we can.
As you may have noticed, i’m obsessed with all things Dill right now. I had some leftover from earlier this week, so decided to make a quick creamy avocado dill sauce to top the burgers with. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so flavorful.
I decided to serve these turkey burgers sans buns, but feel free to grill up a bun and go on your merry way.Print
For the Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 c finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c whole wheat or seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 egg
- avocado oil cooking spray
- 4 Burger Buns or Butter lettuce Cups, for serving
- Sliced tomato, for serving
- Sliced red onion, for serving
For the Avocado Dill Sauce:
- 1 large haas avocado
- 2 T fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, jalepeno, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and egg. Mix until just combined and then shape the mix into 4 even size burger patties.
- Preheat the outdoor grill or grill pan to high. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- To prepare sauce, add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until smooth. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To assemble, add turkey burger to lightly grilled bun or lettuce cup, followed by toppings of choice and a big dollop of avocado dill sauce. EAT!