I have another 5 Ingredient dinner using ONE skillet and ready in under 30 minutes for ya! Filled with spicy Italian Sausage, Garlic, Sweet Potato Gnocchi, fresh spinach, and shaved parmesan- it’s a weeknight dinner you don’t want to miss!
I recently shared a 5 Ingredient Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake that ended up being such a hit, that I wanted to re-create a similar concept using Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi. If you haven’t tried the sweet potato gnocchi (found in the freezer section at Trader Joe’s), now is the time! It’s so flavorful and only takes a few minutes to prepare. It also pairs well with so many things, but is especially delicious in this 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Sweet Potato Gnocchi Skillet.
The five ingredients needed are:
- Italian sausage
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Chicken broth, optional— you can sub water.
I love starting this dish in a skillet on the stove and quickly finishing in the oven. It comes out bubbly and perfect every single time. Serve with a side salad and call it a night! Arugula tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper is my go-to. I hope you LOVE!!
As always, if you make this dish, a comment and review below is so greatly appreciated!! It’s so very helpful to me and other readers. Thank you so much for being here! XO, Lindsay
Other 5 Ingredient Recipes to Try!
- 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
- 5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Sheetpan
- 5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
- 5 Ingredient Creamy Beef and Shells
- 5 Ingredient Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 5 Ingredient Bruschetta Chicken (all ingredients from Trader Joe’s)
5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Sweet Potato Gnocchi Skillet
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage, bulk or if bought in links, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato gnocchi (Trader Joe’s)
- 2–3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan (more for serving)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and heat a few T olive oil in a large cast iron or oven safe skillet.
- When skillet it hot, add italian sausage, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and crumbly. Option to remove excess grease at this time.
- Add garlic and cook another minute or so, until garlic is fragrant. Add frozen sweet potato gnocchi and broth (or water) to skillet and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in a few handfuls of fresh spinach until starting to wilt and remove from heat. Top with shaved parmesan and transfer to the oven (uncovered) for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and skillet is bubbling.
- Serve with extra shaved parmesan and a big side salad! (I served with arugula, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper- per usual!)