Italian Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb bulk spicy italian sausage
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 5 c chicken broth
- 3– 15 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz spinach tortellini
- 4–5 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c heavy cream (optional)
- Fresh Parmesan for topping
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, bring down to medium and add the italian sausage. Cook the sausage, continuing to break up until cooked all the way through.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot, and saute another 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and spices to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add tortellini, spinach, and heavy cream, and stir to combine. Cover and let simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with Fresh Parmesan.