You might not believe me when I tell you these Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Bowls only have 5 Trader Joe’s ingredients. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life!
These bowls are so easy and so good!! Only 5 simple ingredients and just about 25 minutes of your time, and you’ll have healthy and delicious salsa verde chicken bowls at your disposal!
As you all know, life is constantly busy, and I’m always looking for easy things to prep ahead for the days that just don’t allow for cooking. My Instant Pot has become my best friend for things like that.. shredded chicken, beef, sweet potatoes, soups, really anything.
I’d probably say the thing I make most frequently in my Instant Pot, however, is shredded chicken. It’s just a back pocket recipe that everyone must know about.
I love making shredded chicken in the instant pot because you can literally do a million different things and it’s just beyond easy and convenient. For the chicken in these bowls specifically, all you need is chicken + salsa. Add both things to your instant pot and cook high pressure for 8 minutes. THAT’S IT.
Assemble the bowls and voila! They are absolutely perfect for busy weeknights but also would be great for lunch meal prep! And I sure hope they make your life just a little bit easier this week!
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Bowls (5 Trader Joe’s Ingredients)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 0z jar of Salsa Verde
- 1 bag of Mexican Style Roasted Corn with Cotija Cheese (freezer section)
- Jasmine Rice (freezer section)
- 1 Avocado
- Salt + Pepper
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Limes, for serving
- To make the chicken: Season chicken really well with salt and pepper then add to your instant pot (or crockpot). Pour Salsa verde on top and make sure that chicken is fully coated. Secure lid, set valve to “sealing” and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cook time is up, carefully release pressure, remove the lid, and then transfer the chicken breasts to your stand mixer to shred (*see notes) Once shredded, add back to pot and toss around with salsa.
- To assemble the bowls: add rice, corn, shredded chicken, and avocado to each bowl. Option to garnish with cilantro and lime. Enjoy!!
How to shred chicken in your stand mixer: This is the only way to shred chicken in my opinion!! Simply add cooked chicken to your stand mixer with the paddle attachment and shred on low speed until it is shredded to your liking! So easy!!