These Healthy Mini Chocolate Banana Muffins are the best bite sized snack. My whole family loves them!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Over-ripe bananas.
- Applesauce. I love using applesauce instead of oil in these muffins. If you do want to use butter or oil, use half the amount of what is calls for applesauce.
- Maple syrup.
- Rolled oats.
- Vanilla bean paste. Pure Vanilla Extract works perfectly as well.
- Ground Cinnamon.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- All purpose flour.
- Baking soda.
- Baking powder.
- Mini Chocolate Chips.
Why You’ll Love these muffins:
- Healthier than most muffins! This muffin recipe calls for applesauce in place of oil and sweetened with maple syrup and bananas. It also contains oats for fiber and you could easily sneak in spinach or grated zucchini if you wanted to!
- Made in ONE BOWL– this might be against the baking rules in life but toss everything into one bowl and mix it up. They come out perfectly every time.
- Freezer Friendly. This does make a large batch of tiny muffins, so if you want to freeze half of them, by all means! Once cooled completely, wrap in plastic wrap and store in a large ziplock or airtight container for a few months.
I hope you love them! As always, if you make a recipe, a star rating/review below is so appreciated. It’s helpful for me and for other readers. Thank you so much!Print
Healthy Mini Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashe
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- Mini Chocolate Chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease silicone muffin tray or line with muffin cups.
- Mash Bananas directly into a large mixing bowl then add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Toss until combined and no clumps remain.
- Scoop batter into each muffin cup filling a little more than halfway. *see note
- Top each one with a few mini chocolate chips and then transfer to the oven for 9-11 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.