You had me at Chicken Nuggets. Healthy baked chicken nuggets that is. Done, done, and done.
I freaking LOVE chicken nuggs. As King Curtis would say, “Chicken Nuggets is like my family”. Are you with me? No? Okay. I would highly encourage you to google ‘King Curtis Wife Swap’ ASAP and get to watching. It’s 100% worth the 5 minutes of your day.
Anywho, let’s chat about these Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets already. Bite sized pieces of chicken are marinated in yogurt then dunked into a garlic parmesan panko breadcrumb mixture and then baked! I repeat, baked (not fried) to golden perfection. I served these delicious nuggets with a few different sauces because I am that girl. A sauce girl that is. Gimme all the sauces!!! Ranch, honey mustard, ketchup, bbq, you name it.
These nuggets would be SO perfect for any gathering that involves finger foods. I will most definitely be serving them again soon. Happy Friday to all you nugget lovers out there!Print
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 T chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put yogurt into a medium sized mixing bowl and add chicken; toss around so that all pieces are coated. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, get out another medium sized mixing bowl, and combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme, and basil. Toss to combine.
- Now take the yogurt coated chicken and roll each piece into the breadcrumb mixture so that they are evenly coated. Transfer to baking sheet, leaving an inch between each nugget. Spray the nuggets with cooking spray.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.