Hatch Chile season is upon us and I couldn’t be happier. I’ll take any excuse to spice it up and sneak a few chiles into a dish, especially when it involves an ultra cheesy grilled panini. This Hatch Green Chile and Turkey Panini is definitely the most talked about sandwich of the summer.
If you aren’t a Texan, then you probably aren’t familiar with Central Market’s Hatch Green Chile Festival each year (which happens to be one of my favorite things and starts today-yay!). You can expect a large majority of the items in the store to have Hatch Green Chiles incorporated in them somehow…
I’m talking popcorn, gelato, chicken, steak, chocolate, soup, hummus, crackers, you name it!
I could give you a run for your money in that establishment that I love so much, buuuuuuut I’m not the type of person you want to go to the store with. I can stroll for hours. Hours upon hours. I just like to take it all in, ya know?
Sooo, i’m thankful for Hatch Green Chile Fest, but also for panini’s. Not only are they ultra cheesy, crunchy and delicious, but they are also super easy to make. Simply butter the bread, load it up with all the goods, and place it on the panini press.
Don’t fret if you don’t have a panini maker, you can use any skillet or grill pan and use a heavy pot to press down. I used my handy dandy Le Creuset Cast-Iron Panini Press Skillet and it worked wonders! I also use it for tons of other things, so I would highly recommend this or something similar to this to keep in your kitchen.Print
Hatch Green Chile Turkey Panini
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 T butter
- 6 hatch green chiles, seeded and halved
- 6–8 slices turkey breast
- 4 slices smoke Gouda cheese
- 4 slices White American cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Begin to heat up panini press or grill pan.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread, and flip over so that the buttered sides will face outward.
- Layer two of the bread slices with the gouda, american, hatch chiles, turkey, avocado, salt, and pepper. Top with remaining two slices of bread. and grill on each side for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.