Baked until bubbly and loaded with so many delicious flavors!
This Hatch Green Chile Mexican Street Corn Dip is perfect for tailgates, BBQ’s, pool parties, weekends at the lake, dinner parties, you name it.
This dip combines two things that I love so much– Hatch Chiles & Mexican Street Corn. The flavor combination is just too good.
I seriously love Hatch Chile season. There is a grocery store here in Dallas (Central Market) that has a Hatch Chile fest every year and it’s maybe my favorite thing in the world.
We’re talking Hatch Chile everything.. cornbread, tortillas, chocolate, queso, salmon, chicken, the list could go on.
I love adding a little bit of cream cheese and mayonnaise to this dip to give it a nice rich base and creamy texture. The green chiles and corn are the perfect pair.
I also like to add red pepper and jalapeno for a subtle crunch and bit of spiciness.
*Side note to spice lovers: The jalapeno didn’t do much in terms of spice level, so if you like it hot, I would suggest adding another jalapeno or even a Serrano to the mix.
Can you make this Hatch Green Chile Mexican Street Corn dip ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely!! Prep the dip ahead of time, just wait to bake it until you are ready to serve. If you are taking it to a friends house, you can either wait to bake it at their house, OR, you can bake it at home, wrap in foil for the journey there, and top with Cotija and cilantro just before serving.
I highly highly recommend taking this dip to your next party or gathering! It’s always the first thing to be devoured at any party and is seriously SO good!
OTHER DIPS TO TRY!!
- HOT ONION DIP– FAMILY FAVORITE!!
- 5 MINUTE CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN DIP – SO EASY!!
- GUACAMOLE – ALWAYS A CROWD PLEASER!!
- ROASTED SALSA ROJA – SO GOOD!!
- AVOCADO BLACK BEAN CHARRED CORN SALSA – PAIR WITH CHIPS, GRILLED CHICKEN, SALMON, ETC!!
Hatch Green Chile Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c mayo
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cobs (you can sub 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 c roasted hatch chiles, diced (you can sub 1– 4 oz can of diced green chiles)
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 c shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cotija Cheese, for serving
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Corn chips, for serving
- preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a medium sized skillet or casserole dish
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Add in corn, bell pepper, jalapeño, hatch chiles, garlic, zest and juice of lime, pepper jack cheese, and spices; toss to combine.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes, until bubbling.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro and top with Cotija cheese and serve with chips!