Fresh guacamole is one of my favorite things ever on the face of the planet so you better believe I know how to make a mean bowl of it. In the least offensive way, please don’t buy store-bought guac. It’s WAY too easy to whip up a bowl of it and is 1 million times more fresh! This is my favorite guacamole recipe because it has ALL the things and is so so fresh.. Big plump avocados, tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño, serrano, lime juice, splash of beer, fresh cilantro, and seasoned to your liking.
This is such an easy appetizer to serve at any tailgate, football watch party, or just a good ole Mexican fiesta. And if I haven’t said it enough times, Cinco de Mayo is TOMORROW AND I’M SO EXCITED. Sorry for yelling, I just can’t even wait.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 4–5 large Haas avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 c red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- splash of beer
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place scooped avocado in a large bowl with lime juice, beer, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash avocados to desired consistency.
- Now fold in the jalapeño, Serrano, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Serve with chips!