I love making a big thing of Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Hash on Sunday to eat throughout the week. It makes the mornings so much less hectic!
We’ve been making breakfast hash for quite a few years now and I’m telling you, it just never gets old! Alessandro LOVES it too! It not only makes the mornings so much less hectic, but it’s a nice and healthy start to the day. I used to do 6am workouts, come home, heat up some breakfast, get ready and head to work all before 8am. How on earth did I do that? I would love to get back into early morning classes, but ever since this babe, I feel like a permanent zombie.
What all goes in this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Hash?
- Olive oil (can also use Ghee, clarified butter)
- Ground Turkey
- Sweet Potatoes
- Peppers (bell peppers + jalapeños)
- Spices (chili powder + cumin + paprika + cayenne + salt + pepper)
- Chicken broth (can sub vegetable broth)
It is a super lean and healthy meal (did I mention it’s Gluten-free, Whole30 approved, and Paleo?), but besides that, it’s also loaded with flavor and is truly so satisfying. I like to store the hash in the fridge and simply re-heat in the morning. You could serve it with a fried egg, avocado, and salsa, or just eat as is! SO yummy either way.
Other Breakfast ideas:
- Ground Beef Sweet Potato Hash
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal bites
- Make-ahead Skinny Breakfast Sandwiches
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- 3–4 T olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c chicken or vegetable broth
- Fried Egg
- preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large rimmed Sheetpan with foil or parchment paper.
- To make the sweet potatoes: toss cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer onto Sheetpan and roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway until soft and nicey roasted.
- To make the ground turkey mixture: While the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat another few T olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and no longer pink. Add in onion, garlic, peppers, and spices. Give it a good stir and cook another 3-4 minutes. Add in broth, reduce heat, and cook another minute or two.
- To make the hash: Combine roasted sweet potatoes with ground turkey mixture. Serve in bowls with a fried egg, avocado, and salsa. Enjoy!!