I love when a random meal creation becomes a blog post because that means it was GOOOOOOD. These Ground Beef Fajita Lettuce Cups are beyond easy, so delicious, and healthy. They are also great for meal prep because the ground beef mixture can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
Other Healthy Lunch Ideas!!
- Mediterranean Pesto Orzo Salad
- Salmon Cakes with Arugula Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Skinny Chicken Salad
Ground Beef Fajita Lettuce Cups
- Yield: 3–4 1x
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into strips
- 6–8 mini bell peppers, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Lettuce scoops, for serving (can also use butter lettuce, romaine, tortillas, etc.)
- Salsa, for serving
- Any other toppings of choice: avocado, jalapeño, tomatoes, lime
- heat a few T olive or avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and peppers; sauté another few minutes until translucent and tender.
- Add spices and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook another few minutes.
- Spoon into lettuce scoops and squeeze on some fresh lime juice, cilantro, salsa, and any other toppings of choice.
*For Meal Prep: make the ground beef mixture ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Heat up before serving and follow serving instructions from there. Make sure to store lettuce scoops separate from the beef mixture.