This Whole 30 approved, Paleo, and Gluten-Free Hash is one of our absolute favorite breakfasts, especially during the week.
I love prepping a big batch of this Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Hash at the beginning of the week because it makes for a super fast breakfast or lunch!
You can eat it as is or pair with avocado, eggs, salsa, or cauliflower rice. Alessandro absolutely loves it. It’s super quick and easy to throw together, and not to mention healthy.
This recipe is all made in my cast iron skillet, however, I sometimes roast the sweet potatoes and cook up my ground beef and peppers separately then combine it all at the end. Completely up to you! I hope you enjoy!!!
Other Meal Prep Recipes to Try!
- Easy Beef Taco Salads
- Mushroom Kale Egg Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Hash
- 2–3 T avocado or olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a T of avocado or olive oil in your cast iron skillet; when hot add ground beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and crumbly.
- Drain any excess grease (if there is any), then add in sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and spices. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 -15 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Add more oil if necessary.
- Serve with eggs and avocado!