This Grilled Steak and Arugula Salad is the most perfect easy, yet elegant weeknight dinner. It takes no time at all to prepare the simple steak marinade and just about 20 minutes start to finish once you’re ready to pop the steak on the grill and quickly whip up the lemon garlic vinaigrette. I like to serve with slices of toasted baguette and a nice glass of red wine. Your tastebuds and spouse will thank you!
Who knew 2020 would be the year I became a grill master? LOL, okay, okay, I wouldn’t call myself a grill master just yet, but I’m on my way, folks. I used to be so intimidated by grilling, but to tell you the truth, it’s so easy! There’s obviously skill to large cuts of meat, smoked meats, and what not, but I at least have the basics down! I reversed seared a steak last week and can’t wait to try again. For this piece of skirt steak, I cranked my Pellet grill up to 550 degrees, then popped it on there for about 2 minutes, flipped and cooked another 3-3.5 minutes. I kept a close eye on the meat thermometer because no one wants an overcooked chewy steak!
Would this Grilled Steak and Arugula Salad be good the next day if we don’t eat it all?
Yes, absolutely! You can prep the dressing ahead of time, but don’t toss with the arugula until just before serving.
Other weeknight dinner ideas!
- Chicken Tikka Masala Skewers
- 30 minute roasted cauliflower taco bowls
- One Skillet Chicken Sausage and Orzo Parmesan
- Sheetpan Lemon Dill Salmon and Asparagus
Grilled Steak and Arugula Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the steak:
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 3 T coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Course Salt and Freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the Arugula Salad:
- 5 oz arugula
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few T shaved parmesan, for serving
- 1/2 c grape tomatoes, sliced for serving
- Slices of toasted baguette, for serving
- Add steak, coconut aminos, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper to a shallow dish or large ziplock bag. Toss to coat, transfer to fridge and let marinate for a few hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat (500-550 degrees), and make sure grates are well oiled. Remove steak from fridge and allow to come to room temperature while grill is heating.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, juice and zest of lemon, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- When grill is heated to desired temperature, add skirt steak and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Timing depends on desired doneness and temperature of grill. I like mine medium rare and took it off the grill when the internal temp read 125 degrees.
- Remove steak from grill and wrap in foil to let rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, place onto cutting board and cut against the grain into thin strips.
- Divide arugula and tomatoes evenly among 4 plates and drizzle with lemon vinaigrette. Top with steak and cheese. Serve with slices of toasted baguette and enjoy!!