I am totally in love with this new Grilled Shrimp Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette. I mean… Completely, madly, totally IN LURVE.
I think Alessandro asked me about ten times to make it again and kept saying it was his top 5. Now, I don’t know it was truly his top 5, but it was really delicious, and I will definitely be making it again ASAP.
Quick fun fact for ya– Alessandro’s nickname used to be ‘Salad Sandro’. Fitting, right? Just wanted to throw that one out there.
When I first started thinking of this salad and where I wanted to go with it, I had every intention of adding quinoa, avocado, artichokes, and tomatoes, but other things kept coming to mind that I just couldn’t resist. It’s loaded with absolute deliciousness.. Crispy romaine, perfectly grilled shrimp, tri-colored quinoa, avocado chunks, marinated artichokes, hearts of palm, crispy bacon, tomatoes, red onion, crumbled goat cheese, and a zesty lemon-garlic vinaigrette.
Can you say total package?
The prep time for this hunk of a salad was a little more than I had intended, but do keep in mind I always pause to take photos/set up the scene, so it could have gone much quicker had I not been singing Frank Sinatra and leisurely sipping on my vino.
Before assembling the salad, I also got everything prepped and ready to go in these handy dandy Glass Bowls. Not only does it help with clean up, it actually makes assembling the salads much much faster because everything is right there ready to toss in. I can’t believe I’ve lived so long without these bowls actually. They are glass, stackable, dishwasher friendly, and I love all of the different sizes. We don’t need to dirty up a large mixing bowl for just a few T of sauce. Definitely worth the investment and definitely recommend!
Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking- perhaps you don’t like hearts of palm, but you loooooove artichokes. Totally fine- you do YOU.
Hopefully you enjoy this salad as much as Salad Sandro did.Print
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 16 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 6–8 c chopped romaine
- 1 c cooked quinoa, I used tri-colored quinoa but any kind will work!
- 1 c marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/3 c crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
LEMON GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice (About 2 lemons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place shrimp in a small bowl with olive oil, garlic, and spices; let marinate for 10 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, prep all salad ingredients and place in small bowls, set aside.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl or food processor and whisk/pulse until creamy. Store in fridge.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet or grill pan. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook until tails are pink and shrimp is cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, toss salad and dressing together in a large bowl and serve topped with grilled shrimp.