These Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs are absolutely perfect for summer. They are light, refreshing, and so delicious.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS
I love simple marinades and this Lemon Garlic marinade is extremely light and delicious, with a subtle kick from the red pepper flakes and slight sweetness from the honey. It’s the perfect combination and even more perfect for summer!
To help ensure the kebabs stayed nice and juicy throughout the grilling process, we used chicken thighs and also reserved half of the marinade on the side to baste halfway through.
I love using my Fill-a-baster for summertime grilling recipes because it’s super easy to use and it comes with two interchangeable tips depending on what I’m using it for. The end bulbs snaps open to fill with sauces or marinades and snaps closed for a powerful suction.
All parts can be removed and it’s also dishwasher safe which is so convenient and helps to get it nice and clean before the next use. I’ve only had mine a few weeks and have already used it so many times, so I know I’ll be getting lots of use out of it this summer!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Grilled Lemon Garlic and Zucchini Kebabs:
- Olive oil
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
Start by preparing the marinade in a medium mixing bowl by whisking together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, honey, salt and pepper. I like to pour half of the marinade over the chicken and reserve the rest for basting throughout the grilling process.
Let the chicken marinate for 15-20 minutes prior to threading onto your skewers. Once the chicken has marinated, thread onto skewers, followed by zucchini. I like to brush the zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper, but you could always add a little bit of the reserved marinade if you like.
Grill chicken and zucchini anywhere from 8-12 minutes, flipping every few minutes, until chicken is cooked and zucchini is charred and tender. I typically baste the chicken skewers halfway through to ensure they stay nice and juicy. You can also baste again at the end.
Serve warm with desired sides and call it a day. I like to serve with this Cucumber Tomato Israeli Couscous Salad because its the absolute perfect pair.
THANK YOU AGAIN TO MY FRIENDS AT DEXAS FOR SPONSORING THIS POST!Print
Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 1x
For the Kebabs:
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes (can also use breasts)
- 3 small zucchini squash, ends removed, halved lengthwise then cut into 2–3 inch pieces
- 12 skewers (if using wooden, soak in warm water for 30 minutes prior to help prevent them from catching fire)
For the Lemon Garlic Marinade:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 7 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp honey, to taste
- Salt + cracked pepper
- Add diced chicken to a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare marinade in a medium sized mixing bowl by whisking together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, oregano, basil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, honey, salt and pepper. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken, reserve the rest on the side for basting. I put mine in my Fill-a-baster and it worked great! Let the chicken marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak in warm water for 20-30 minutes prior to grilling/threading on the chicken and zucchini. When chicken is done marinating thread onto skewers. Next, thread zucchini onto skewers as well. Brush Zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (I grilled mine at 400) and oil the grill grates. When hot, add chicken and zucchini. Flip the chicken after 4-5 minutes, or until grill marks appear, and brush with reserved marinade. Cook another 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Transfer to serving tray and tent with foil.
- Grill zucchini for a total of 10-12 minutes (time can vary depending on your grill), turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender.
- Serve warm chicken and zucchini skewers with a side salad, rice, quinoa, etc.