Fire up that grill and get out those jorts because it is time to celebrate AMERICA, people. We recently had to invest in some fans for our patio because otherwise it felt like we were casually hanging out in an oven. Once we get those misters, we’ll be allllllllllll set. The good news is i’m currently hanging out inside sipping on some more Strawberry Frosé (seriously addicted) while Alessandro fires up that grill.
He is earning so many brownie points right now.
These Grilled Jerk Chicken Drumsticks (try saying that 5 times fast…) are an easy meal to prepare for a group of people and are perfect for summer. Simply let the drumsticks marinate for 30-45 minutes and put em on the grill. Absolutely delicious served with grilled vegetables, potato salad, or rice. I also added a refreshing Balsamic Peach and Arugula side salad.
Oh, and go ahead and tack on another Strawberry FroSe why don’t ya!Print
Grilled Jerk Chicken Drumsticks
- Yield: 12 drumsticks 1x
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 T dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven or grill to 450 degrees.
- Combine everything but the chicken into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag, add marinade and shake around until all drumsticks are evenly coated with the marinade. Place in fridge and let marinate for 30 minutes-1 hour. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Once grill is heated, place drumsticks onto grill rack for about 20 minutes total, turning every 5-6 minutes, until no longer pink and cooked through.