Grilling is officially my new favorite hobby. It’s so much easier than I ever thought possible thanks to my Pitts and Spitts Pellet grill. Not only is it super easy and convenient, it also elevates the food and adds so much flavor. This Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Cucumber Salad is the perfect spring or summer dish. It comes together in just about 30 minutes and is healthy & delicious! Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you are hosting friends.
I used a marinade packet that I had in my pantry because #quarantinemeals but feel free to use any marinade that you like! I love the McCormicks grill mates packets because they are so easy to use and have some seriously good flavor. Simply toss it in a bowl with olive oil, water, and a dash of vinegar and your marinade is complete! I like using boneless, skinless, chicken thighs for this recipe because it comes out so tender, juicy, and so yummy.
The Tomato-Cucumber Salad and Farro can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve, which is so convenient and also makes for the perfect meal for entertaining!
Other Recipes perfect for summer:
- Tomatoes with Burrata and Basil
- Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp and Kale
- Pasta Salad
- Chopped Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
What if I can’t find the marinade packet?
If you don’t have or aren’t able to find the grill marinade that I used for these Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Cucumber Salad, it’s no biggie. Substitute your favorite store-bought marinade or make your own! Lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil, splash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano is one of my all time favorite marinade go-to’s and would pair really well with the Farro and tomato-cucumber salad. Enjoy!!!Print
Grilled Chicken with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Chicken:
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 McCormick Grill Mates Garlic, Herb, and Wine marinade packet
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Lemon wedges, for serving, optional
For the Tomato-Cucumber Salad:
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 c grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 5–7 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Farro:
- 2 c cooked Farro
- 1 T ghee
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add marinade packet, oil, water, and vinegar to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add chicken thighs and toss in marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes-2 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees and remove chicken from fridge to bring to room temperature.
- While grill is preheating, cook your Farro per instructions on package, toss with ghee, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Prep your tomato-cucumber salad by adding all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine, transfer to fridge until ready to serve.
- Grease the grill grates with cooking oil, and then add chicken to pre-heated grill and cook for 7 minutes. Baste with any remaining marinade, flip, and cook an additional 5-6 minutes, or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees. (Timing all depends on size of your chicken and grill). When finished, wrap in foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve grilled chicken with tomato-cucumber salad, cooked Farro, and lemon wedges.