One thing’s for sure- you absolutely need this Grilled Caesar Salad recipe in your life. It’s so easy to whip up, bursting with flavor, and just perfect for entertaining.
The dressing is lemony, vibrant, and so delicious. Made with olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and a little paleo mayo. I like to toss everything in my blender and blend it up! Takes less than 10 minutes and can be prepped ahead of time. Store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
What kind of protein would pair well with this Grilled Caesar salad?
Well, that’s the best part! It pairs well with any and all proteins: chicken, shrimp, salmon, steak, or even just grilled veggies! It’s so great for entertaining friends or holiday parties because the dressing can be prepped ahead of time allowing you to spend more time with your guests = less stress! All you’ll have to do is quickly grill up those romaine hearts (about 4-5 minutes total) and serve! Seriously so easy and always such a crowd pleaser.
I like to pop a few lemons on the grill as well for serving. Not only does it add a lovely flavor, it also looks absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. Whip this up for your next gathering and enjoy!!
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY!
- Chopped Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Tomato and Mozzarella Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Grilled Caesar Salad
- Yield: 6 1x
For the dressing:
- 3/4 c light olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons, to taste
- 2 1/2 tsp anchovy paste (or 2–3 anchovy fillets)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Paleo mayo)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 3 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise, leaving the root end intact)
- Shaved parmesan, for serving
- 3 lemons, halved and grilled, for serving
- Toasted baguette, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Add all dressing indredients to a blender, food processor, or wide mason jar if planning to use immersion blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Cut romaine hearts in half lengthwise, leaving the root end intact. Brush or spray with olive oil, and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Place romaine cut side down onto grill and grill for 2-3 minutes, until cooked and grill marks appear. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to serving tray or plate.
- Brush halved lemons with olive oil and place directly on grill cut side down for about 3 minutes, until cooked and charred.
- Drizzle grilled romaine with caesar dressing, garnish with shaved parmesan and serve with bread and grilled lemon.