This 5 Ingredient Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet is truly the Easiest Weeknight Dinner ever.
I love a meal that comes together effortlessly and this is one of those meals. Filled with rotisserie chicken, green chile enchilada sauce, black beans, tortillas, and cheese. Top with any and all toppings of choice (completely optional but recommended) and call it a night!
How do you make this 5 Ingredient Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet?
It’s SO incredibly simple. I like to use rotisserie chicken in this recipe because it’s easy and delicious, however, feel free to cook your own chicken in the oven, instant pot, crockpot, etc.
Start off by greasing a large skillet or casserole dish and pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. Next, add your chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, and tortillas to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer tortilla chicken mixture to greased dish, top with cheese, and then pop in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Remove from oven, top with avocado, cilantro, lime, radishes.. whatever your heart desires.
Leftovers last for about 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!!!
OTHER 5 INGREDIENT RECIPES TO TRY!
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND ORZO SKILLET
- 5 INGREDIENT LEMON LINGUINE
- LEMON DILL ROASTED POTATOES
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN PARMESAN ZUCCHINI BOATS
- 5 INGREDIENT ITALIAN SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SKILLET
- 5 INGREDIENT INSTANT POT GROUND TURKEY RED LENTIL PENNE
5 Ingredient Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 1x
- Shredded meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2– 15 oz cans green Chile enchilada sauce
- 8 flour tortillas, roughly torn into pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c shredded pepper jack cheese
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Suggested toppings (all optional):
- green onion
- sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large 12 inch cast iron skillet or casserole dish with avocado oil; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, tortillas, and black beans; toss to combine so that everything is evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then spread into greased dish.
- Top chicken mixture with cheese and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, and garnish with toppings of choice or serve as is! Enjoy!