I’ve fallen madly in love with a salad. A very sweet, charming, and delicious Grapefruit Avocado Salad that is.
Crisp Greens are topped with grapefruit, avocado, green onions, and salty marcona almonds and then tossed with a delicious red wine vinaigrette. I will warn you however: you may want to get your serving before your guests (is that rude??) because they are about to go to town on that colorful bowl of deliciousness!!!!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 grapefruits, peeled, segmented and seeds removed
- 2 large haas avocados, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c marcona almonds
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/8 c red wine vinegar
- 1/8 c white wine vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss segmented grapefruit pieces, lettuce, green onions, almonds, and avocado slices together.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Toss to combine and divide evenly among salad bowls.