Just believe me when I tell you this is THE MOST DELICIOUS BANANA BREAD EVER. Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread, that is.
My family was in town last weekend for my nephew’s 2nd birthday that happened to fall on Easter this year. And wanna know a fun fact? : my 2nd birthday was also on Easter! Cool, huh? Anywho, my mom loves banana bread, and I had been wanting to get a gluten-free banana bread recipe up on the blog, so I figured what a perfect time to experiment while, my mother, let’s call her the banana bread expert, was in town.
Well…. it turned out absolutely FANTASTIC. I’m talking moist (sorry it’s the only appropriate word here) and seriously so freaking yummy, so that left me with one option and one option only. Make another loaf. And you better make it fast.
Moist Banana Bread swirled with cinnamon sugar.. I mean, what’s not to love? It’s most definitely my new go-to banana bread, and I can’t wait for you to try it! Let me know what you think, but I hope you love love love it!!Print
Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
The most delicious banana bread EVER. Gluten Free and swirled with delicious Cinnamon Sugar.
- 2 c all-purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c walnuts or pecans, optional
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add softened butter and sugar to stand mixer, and beat on high until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating slowly.
- Now add greek yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla; beat on low until combined.
- Gradually add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour half of batter into loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle on half of the cinnamon sugar, and using a knife swirl into batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top and repeat with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.