Healthy Glazed Pumpkin Bread
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (you can also use butter)
- 1 zucchini, grated, squeezed of excess moisture *see notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp EACH baking soda and baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp EACH ground cloves and ginger
For the glaze:
- 2 oz warmed cream cheese (warm up in microwave for 15–20 seconds)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, apple sauce, zucchini, and vanilla extract and mix.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices until smooth.
- Add to loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine all items in a bowl until smooth. Spread evenly onto loaf and dust with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Slice and enjoy!!
*Zucchini is full of moisture! I typically grate onto a dish towel and then wrap the dish towel around the zucchini and squeeze really well into the sink. Then add to the bowl.
Keywords: glazed pumpkin bread