Stir Fry’s are my BFF. Especially on crazy busy weeknights when I want a healthy meal on the table but also desperately need it to be quick & easy. This Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is just that. It’s so yummy and a meal the entire family will love!
I’m sure you all are tired of me talking about this, but our house construction officially started yesterday! Alessandro can no longer continue on his demo rampage– sorry, babe it’s time to let the pros in. I’ll try to keep you all posted with the progress along the way in case you’re interested! It’s been so much fun so far, but i’m about to be forced into making 1,876,345 decisions which is stressing me the F out. But… I got this! I so got this.
Anywho, stir fry’s are one of my favorite go-to’s for busy weeknights. The most time consuming part is just getting everything prepped and ready to go. I like to cut up my meat and veggies first, then prepare my sauce. Once everything is ready in bowls, then I preheat my wok (or non stick skillet). It goes very quickly so it’s definitely smart to be ready to WOK n’ ROLL.. if you know what I mean?
Enjoy and happy Tuesday!Print
Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3–4 c broccoli florets
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 T soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (or ginger paste from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 T vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 4 Green onions, green parts only, sliced at diagonal
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
- Jasmine Rice for serving (Can sub cauliflower rice)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, stir to combine.
- Heat 1-2 T vegetable or grapeseed oil in a large non stick skillet or WOK over high heat. When the oil is hot, add onion and broccoli florets and saute for a 2-3 minutes until bright green but still slightly crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat another T of oil in skillet or WOK. When hot, add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. (3-4 minutes)
- Add the sauce, broccoli florets, and water chestnuts to skillet and toss to combine. Cook another few minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Transfer stir fry to a serving platter, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Option to serve with Jasmine or Cauliflower rice.