These Garlic Butter Oven Baked Scallops are beyond easy made in just one dish yet elegant enough for a dinner party or Mother’s Day!
If you’re looking for something to make your favorite lady on Mother’s Day, look no further, anyone would LOVE this recipe!!! I promise it’s easy AND fool proof! My husband made this for me last year on Mother’s Day and I was completely blown away. I decided to tweak a few things and get the recipe up on the blog because I know you all will absolutely love it!!
This would also be a wonderful recipe to make if you’re having friends over for dinner. It’s easy yet elegant and pairs well with so many things.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Sea scallops. (I prefer sea scallops, however, if you want to use bay scallops, go right ahead!)
- Ritz crackers.
- Garlic salt.
- Garlic powder.
- Cracked Pepper.
- Grated parmesan cheese.
- Melted Butter.
- Dry vermouth.
How to make the easiest (and most delicious) oven baked scallops:
Making these garlic butter scallops couldn’t be any easier. And they come out perfectly cooked every single time. You only need one baking dish start to finish and majority of the time is spent in the oven, which means less time hovering over the stove!
Start by giving your scallops a quick rinse under cool water then arrange onto a flat surface and pat dry really well with a paper towel. Next arrange scallops in a greased a 9 x 14 inch baking dish. Crush ritz crackers in a large ziplock bag until crumbly then toss in pepper, garlic salt, and garlic powder then sprinkle this mixture all over the scallops, followed by grated parmesan.
Melt butter in a small bowl then stir in minced garlic and lemon juice, then pour this mixture evenly over the scallop and crackers. Lastly, pour dry vermouth over the tops as evenly as you can. Add a few lemon wedges to the dish then top with foil and pop in the oven! They bake the best at the second to top rack. Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncovered for 10 minutes, then an additional 1-3 minutes under the broiler until golden brown!
Garnish with parsley and lemon zest and serve with lemon wedges. I hope you absolutely love them as much as we do!!
What to serve with baked scallops:
- Roasted Asparagus or your favorite veggie!
- Arugula Salad
- Parmesan risotto
- Spinach Parmesan Orzo
As always, thank you so much for the support! If you are able to leave a comment and star rating review below, I would be oh so grateful. Thank you so so much!!!Print
Garlic Butter Oven Baked Scallops
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1.5– 2lbs sea scallops (I usually buy around 15 good sized scallops)
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers or similar
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus wedges and zest for serving
- 1 T dry vermouth
- Chopped parsley, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and set the rack to the second to top position.
- Wash and pat dry scallops then arrange in a greased 9 x 14 casserole dish.
- In a ziplock bag add crackers and crush with your hands. Add in cracked pepper, garlic salt, and garlic powder and shake to combine.
- Add crushed cracker mixture over all of the scallops, followed by the grated parmesan.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, then stir in the minced garlic and lemon juice. Pour over scallops. Lastly, pour vermouth as evenly over scallops as you can. I like to add a few small lemon wedges to the dish while it bakes but that is optional.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes, then turn heat to broil for 1-3 minutes, until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley, lemon zest and lemon wedges. Enjoy!!!