I have the most delicious side salad for you all! It’s light & crisp, and absolutely perfect for Fall. Frisée and Honeycrisp Apple Salad with Dried Cranberries & Toasted Almonds. So simple yet so amazing.
I am totally digging the combination of the crispy Frisée, tart honeycrisp apples (gimme all the honeycrisps), sweet dried cranberries, and toasted sliced almonds, all paired with an apple cider dijon vinaigrette- Oh-my-YUM.
If you’ve never had Frisée before, it’s a little more bitter than other greens, which is why I love pairing it with a hint of sweetness. It’s kind of all over the place with it’s frizzy texture, so make sure to break it up into small pieces before serving. I decided to keep this version very simple since I was serving it as a side, however this salad would be absolutely delicious with roasted chicken and if you want to go a step further, crispy bacon pieces. Yum yum yum.
If you end up making this salad, I would LOVE if you shared it with me by tagging #tippsinthekitch I hope everyone has a safe and fun Thanksgiving!!Print
Frisée and Honeycrisp Apple Salad with Dried Cranberries & Toasted Almonds
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 head of frisée, torn into small pieces
- 1 medium honey crisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt + pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- To toast the almonds, melt 1/2 T butter in a small saucepan. Add almonds and toss to coat. Cook over medium-low heat stirring continuously until golden brown and nicely toasted.
- Toss Frisée, apple slices, dried cranberries, and toasted almonds together in a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide among 4 bowls and serve!