Easy Weeknight Baked Chicken with tomatoes and tzatziki–the perfect hands off weeknight dinner!
This baked chicken recipe is not only healthy and delicious, but it couldn’t be any easier! It’s a very hands-off dinner, only requiring a little bit of prep work before you pop it into the oven to bake. It comes out juicy and incredibly flavorful every single time.
We’ve now made this recipe twice in the last 2 weeks because it was all we could manage with these two kiddos! I like to let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes or so before baking, so you could even prepare the marinade/chicken in the morning and let it marinate in the fridge all day.
Then, once you are ready to bake it, transfer the chicken to a greased casserole dish, add the tomatoes and bake it off.
Once the chicken is fully cooked through and the juices run clear (around 165 degrees), remove from the oven and tent with foil to let the chicken rest. This simply allows for the juices to re-distribute through the chicken and I personally think it makes it much juicer than serving right away.
Serve warm with a dollop of tzatziki, fresh dill, and a lemon wedge. I hope you love it!!
Other serving suggestions:
- Arugula side salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Steamed or roasted asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts
- Rice or cauliflower rice
Easy Weeknight Baked Chicken with tomatoes and tzatziki
- Yield: 4
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- 12 oz container cherry tomatoes
- Tzatziki and fresh dill, for serving, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 9 x 14 casserole dish; set aside.
- Add chicken to a medium sized bowl with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat all chicken breasts; best to let marinate 30 minutes or so.
- Lay chicken breasts into an even layer in the greased casserole dish. Arrange tomatoes around the chicken and give a small drizzle of olive oil. Pour any remaining marinade from the bowl over the chicken and tomatoes. Bake uncovered for 25-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked (time will vary depending on the size of your chicken).
- When chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 and juices run clear, remove from oven and tent with foil for 5-10 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute.
- Option to serve with tzatziki, fresh dill, and lemon. Enjoy!!