Easy Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan— so incredibly flavorful, delicious, and perfect for the entire family! No pan frying necessary in this super easy weeknight dinner recipe.
We absolutely LOVE anything parmesan in our house and this easy sheetpan eggplant parmesan is seriously SO incredibly delicious, I know you will love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Eggplant. This recipe works best with Italian eggplant, make sure it’s not a Japanese eggplant which are skinnier.
- Garlic. Fresh is always best, however, if you have to use jarred, go for it! I have 2 kids under 3 so I definitely used jarred sometimes. No Judgements here!
- Grape or cherry tomatoes. Roasted tomatoes are incredibly flavorful, these are crucial in this recipe.
- YOUR favorite marinara. I personally love Rao’s Vodka sauce for this recipe.
- Grated parmesan cheese. Fresh is always best but store-bought grated Parm of course works as well.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Panko breadcrumbs. Since we aren’t pre-breading the eggplant like most eggplant parmesan recipes, the toasted Panko breadcrumbs on top are a must.
- Italian seasoning.
- Olive oil.
- Salt + pepper.
- Fresh basil.
How to Make this Easy Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan
- Sweat the Eggplant! This is an extra step before you start cooking, but it’s really easy I promise and makes a big difference. Simply place eggplant slices onto a paper towel or dish towel lined plate and generously sprinkle the tops with salt. Let it sit for 25-35 minutes and you will notice lots of moisture that has been pulled from the eggplant. This also removes some of the bitterness. Simply blot the eggplant slices with a paper towel or rinse with cold water and then blot until dry.
- Next, add eggplant slices to a large rimmed baking sheet and scatter tomatoes around the eggplant. Drizzle tomatoes and eggplant with olive oil and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Top eggplant with minced garlic, marinara sauce, and cheese and then bake until the tops are golden brown and bubbling.
- While the eggplant is baking, we will prepare our breadcrumbs. This will allow us to achieve that crispy eggplant parmesan texture. Add a little olive oil, panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a small saucepan and toast until golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Once eggplant is done baking, remove from the oven, top with toasted panko breadcrumbs and fresh basil. Serve!!
- Over a bed of dressed arugula. (I like tossing arugula with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper)
- With a side of angel hair pasta.
- Side salad.
- Additional side of roasted vegetables.
I hope you love this dish as much as I do. As always, if you make this recipe, a comment/review below is SO greatly appreciated! It’s super helpful for me but also for other readers. Thank you so much for the support! xo, Lindsay
OTHER SHEETPAN RECIPES TO TRY!
- SHEETPAN BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND OKRA SHEETPAN
- HEALTHY 30 MINUTE SHEETPAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES
The Easiest Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan
This Easy Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan is a big family favorite! It comes together in just about 30 minutes and is so incredibly flavorful. You will want to make it again and again!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 medium sized eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds (about 12–13 rounds)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/4 cups of your favorite marinara, more/less as needed (I used Rao’s Vodka sauce)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella, more as needed
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, for serving, optional
- Arrange eggplant rounds into a single layer onto a paper towel lined plate and generously sprinkle the tops with salt. Let sit out for 25-30 minutes or so until you notice moisture that has been pulled from the eggplant. Blot the eggplant slices really well with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange eggplant slices onto sheetpan then scatter tomatoes all around the eggplant slices.
- Drizzle eggplant and tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Distribute minced garlic onto the tops of each eggplant slice and rub in with a spoon. Next, spoon on the marinara to cover the tops of all eggplant slices.
- Add grated parmesan and finish by adding shredded mozzarella. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- While eggplant is baking, add 2 T olive oil, panko breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until breadcrumbs are golden and toasted. Watch closely so they don’t burn! Remove from heat and set aside.
- When eggplant is finished baking, remove from oven, then top with toasted breadcrumbs and fresh chopped basil. Serve and enjoy!!
Keywords: Easy Weeknight Dinner