Red Lentil Pasta Primavera— the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Filled with veggies and ready in 30 minutes or less.
This easy red lentil pasta primavera is the ultimate weeknight dish and always hits the spot. It’s a great clean out the fridge type of meal because you can literally put anything and everything in it!
I often times find myself craving vegetables and this simple pasta dish always satisfies that craving. It’s healthy, easy to make, and seriously delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this super easy pasta recipe:
- Red lentil penne (or pasta of choice– angel hair pasta is delicious also)
- Mini bell peppers
- Broccoli florets
- Yellow squash
- Zucchini squash
- Cherry tomatoes
- Frozen peas
- Salt + pepper
This dish will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Simply store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy. You can eat it cold if that’s what you prefer, otherwise, re-heat and just before serving add additional parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.
Kitchen Supplies needed for this Easy Red Lentil Pasta Primavera:
- A large skillet- preferably non-stick however, any skillet will work. These Ballarini Parma Forged aluminum nonstick skillets are my favorite!!
- A wooden spoon- a set of wooden spoons are a must have in the kitchen!!
- Large pot- I use my Le Creuset 5.5 qt Dutch Ovens for just about everything, including boiling pasta! It’s a must have in my opinion. They are pricey but last forever!! Here is a less expensive option that also looks great!!
OTHER PASTA RECIPES TO TRY!
- no-boil creamy baked pasta
- 5 ingredient creamy beef and shells
- 5 ingredient lemon linguine
- one pot hamburger helper
As always, if you make and love this recipe, a comment/review below is SO very appreciated! It’s really helpful for me and for other readers! Thank you so very much for being here! – LindsayPrint
Easy Red Lentil Pasta Primavera
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 12 oz red lentil penne (or pasta of choice– angel hair pasta is delicious also)
- 4 T butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced mini bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 small zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup parmesan
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta per instructions on package. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water before draining. Drain, then set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add all veggies and sauté for 4-6 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add pasta directly to skillet and toss with all of the veggies to combine. Stir in parmesan, lemon juice, and pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!!