Easy One Pot Tortellini Zuppa Toscana
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage, bulk (casing removed if you bought in links)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 c chicken broth, more as needed
- 10 oz tortellini of choice (I used spinach tortellini)
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 3/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c nut pods original (can sub regular milk, or any other non dairy creamer of choice)
- 4–5 handfuls chopped kale, removed from stem
- Parmesan, for serving, optional
- heat oil in dutch oven or large stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and crumbly.
- Add onion, garlic, and spices, and cook another few minutes, until onion is soft and garlic fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and add tortellini, bring to a boil and cook just until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in nutpods (or milk) and shredded kale and cook another 2-3 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then serve warm topped with parmesan!