This Easy One Pot Tortellini Zuppa Toscana is cozy, comforting, and incredibly delicious.
A rich creamy broth filled with spicy italian sausage, onion, garlic, tortellini, and kale. A touch of spice that will most definitely keep you coming back for more!!
I shared a recipe on the blog for a more traditional Zuppa Toscana a few years ago, and it’s become one of the most popular soups ever since.
I crave it all the time and make it at least once a month, so I decided to switch things up a bit and re-create the recipe using tortellini instead of potatoes. So, here we are– Easy One Pot Tortellini Zuppa Toscana, and wow- SO YUM!
If you’re looking for a new super easy weeknight dinner, this is for you! It’s so beyond simple, made in one pot, ready in less than 20 minutes, and good for the whole family. It’s just good for the soul.Print
Easy One Pot Tortellini Zuppa Toscana
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage, bulk (casing removed if you bought in links)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 c chicken broth, more as needed
- 10 oz tortellini of choice (I used spinach tortellini)
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 3/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c nut pods original (can sub regular milk, or any other non dairy creamer of choice)
- 4–5 handfuls chopped kale, removed from stem
- Parmesan, for serving, optional
- heat oil in dutch oven or large stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and crumbly.
- Add onion, garlic, and spices, and cook another few minutes, until onion is soft and garlic fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and add tortellini, bring to a boil and cook just until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in nutpods (or milk) and shredded kale and cook another 2-3 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then serve warm topped with parmesan!