This Easy Ham and White Bean Kale Soup is the perfect One Pot soup to cozy up with this Fall. Simple yet incredibly flavorful!
Ingredient’s You’ll Need
Majority of the ingredients for this simple white bean and kale soup are things you might likely have in your fridge or pantry already!
- Olive oil. Avocado oil is a great healthy, high heat oil option as well.
- Yellow onion.
- Chicken broth.
- Ham hocks or meaty ham bones.
- Beans. Any combination of navy, cannellini, pinto, or great northern beans work great!
- Bay leaves.
- Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes.
There are few things I love more than a big pot of soup simmering on the stove on a cool day. This one is no exception and one I just know you are going to love!
5 Reasons you are going to LOVE this soup recipe:
- It’s beyond EASY. This soup is a dump it all in and let it simmer kinda soup.
- Hearty. This soup is light yet filling and absolutely perfect for any day of the week.
- DELICIOUS. Most importantly, this soup is incredibly yummy.
- Comforting! One of those cozy soups you’ll crave all season long.
- Healthy. Filled with nourishing veggies, kale and fiber rich beans, this soup has everything you need and more!
Other Easy soup recipes to try!
- One Pot Sausage Potato and Cabbage Stew
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- One Pot Tomato Basil Soup
Easy Ham and White Bean Kale Soup
- Olive oil
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 leeks, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 5–6 cups chicken bone broth, as needed
- 2–3 smoked ham hocks or meaty ham bones
- 2– 15 oz cans beans, drained and rinsed (any combination of navy, cannellini, pinto, or great northern beans works great)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp EACH Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3–4 cups torn kale
- Grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes, for serving, OPTIONAL
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil to a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat. Add carrots, leeks, celery, and onion, and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute or two until fragrant.
- Pour in broth, beans, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and nestle in the ham hocks. Bring it all to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or so.
- Just before serving, remove ham hocks and let cool slightly then cut the meat off the bones and discard the bones. Stir chopped ham and kale into the soup and cook on low until kale is wilted.
- Season to taste and serve! Enjoy!!