Mornings can be totally hectic, which is why I’m sharing these Easy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Egg Bites with you today.
Healthy, wholesome, and so delicious— these Egg Bites are made with a combination of eggs and egg whites, no cheese, and no milk. They are beyond easy and so so delicious!
Can these Egg Bites be made ahead of time?
YES, YES, and YES! These Egg Bites are perfect for meal prep because they can easily be made ahead of time and simply stored in the fridge for the week. Make sure to store them in an airtight container, and they should last for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Ingredients for these Easy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Egg Bites:
- Chicken Sausage- I like Aidells or Bilinksi’s Chicken Sausages, but any organic chicken sausage is good! They are pre-cooked, so all you have to do is crisp them up a bit in your skillet.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Eggs + Egg Whites
- Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Hot Sauce, for serving (always!)
It’s so nice waking up and having a healthy and super delicious breakfast just waiting for you in the fridge. Heat up for a quick 30 seconds, top with hot sauce, and go to town!Print
Easy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Egg Bites
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 egg bites 1x
- 2 chicken sausages, cut into half rounds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Cracked pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, for serving (I love Trader Joe’s Taco sauce with these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with silicone or parchment liners.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add red pepper, mushroom, and sausage, and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Reduce heat, add garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet and sauté another minute or so, until garlic fragrant.
- Stir in spinach and cook another minute, until spinach is just slightly wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Evenly distribute veggie mixture into all 12 muffin cups, then pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. ENJOY!!!