This Super Easy Chicken Sausage and Lemon Broccoli Orzo is a 30 minute weeknight dinner dream! Made in one pan and great for the whole family, toddlers and babies included!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Chicken sausage.
- Dried orzo Pasta.
- Broccoli florets.
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Garlic powder.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
- Shaved Parmesan cheese. Grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese would also would great!
- Arugula. Optional
- Olive oil or avocado oil.
How to make this one pot orzo recipe:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Add in uncooked orzo, garlic, and shallots. Stir and sauté for about a minute until garlic is fragrant and orzo starting to toast and turn slightly golden. Add broccoli and sauté another 30-45 seconds before adding broth.
- Pour in broth and spices, and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently until orzo cooked and broccoli tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and then shaved parmesan and serve! I don’t add arugula to my kids, however, I love to toss the adults bowls with arugula and top with more shaved parmesan and red pepper flakes. ENJOY!!!
Other Pasta Recipes you will LOVE!
- One Pot Sausage Orzo with Sun-dried tomatoes and zucchini
- Sausage and Bell Pepper Tortellini Bake
- Easy Red Lentil Pasta Primavera
- No-Boil Creamy Baked Pasta
- 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
As always, I SO appreciate you being here! A recipe rating and comment below is so helpful to other readers but also for me! Thank you so much for your support!!Print
Easy Chicken Sausage and Lemon Broccoli Orzo
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1– 12 oz package pre-cooked chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1– 12 oz package broccoli florets (about 4 cups— I like to trim the stems and chop into slightly smaller pieces than how they come in the bag)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, more if needed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shaved parmesan (I used a fontina parmesan blend that was delicious!)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Arugula, for serving, optional
- 2–3 T olive or avocado oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken sausage and cook for ~2 minutes per side, until golden.
- Add in uncooked orzo pasta, garlic, and shallots and stir for 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant and orzo slightly toasted. Add in broccoli florets and cook another minute.
- Pour in broth and add seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes or so until liquid has reduced, orzo cooked and broccoli tender. You want it to be nice and creamy!
- Adjust salt and pepper and stir in lemon juice and shaved parmesan until melted.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!! Option to serve wit arugula, more shaved parmesan, and red pepper flakes.