I have another super easy weeknight dinner for you! Easy Black Bean Skillet Enchiladas— just 5 simple ingredients, totally customizable, & ready and on the table in 30 minutes or less!
There’s nothing I love more than Mexican food. It’s always been my family’s favorite since I can remember.
Any time i’m at a loss for what to cook, I typically always turn to something Mexican related. It’s never failed me, so why would I stop now!
Enchilada’s are one of my favorite things to make, in general, because you can switch them up with whatever you have on hand, and they always turn out delicious.
It’s almost impossible to mess them up, which makes it even more fun to experiment with.
You would never know these enchiladas are only 5 ingredients– they are SO flavorful and quite aesthetically pleasing, I might add.
Today’s enchiladas are incredible for many reasons:
1.) They only require 5 INGREDIENTS. That’s always a win in my book.
2.) They will be ready and on the table in 30 minutes or LESS. Hello, busy weeknight life savor.
3.) They are creamy, flavorful, and anything but simple. Incredible, actually.
If you are looking for a new easy, simple, yet super delicious dinner to make for your family, this is it. You’ve found your match!Print
Easy Black Bean Skillet Enchiladas (only 5 ingredients!)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 flour tortillas (can sub corn or grain free-*see notes)
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c shredded pepper jack cheese (1 c for the filling, 1 c for the tops)
- 1– 12 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro, lime, and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large oven safe skillet.
- Wrap tortillas in a dish towel and heat up for 30-35 seconds, until warm.
- Add beans to a medium mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add a few spoonfuls of beans to the bottom half of your tortilla, followed by a few T cheese. Wrap tightly and place seam side down into skillet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour entire jar of salsa over the tops of the enchiladas, followed by the remaining 1 c of cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with avocado, and if using, cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve warm with lime, enjoy!!
*If you sub corn tortillas, please note you may need a few extra tortillas as they are smaller than flour.