These Easy Baked Turkey Meatballs are the absolute perfect weeknight dinner!
You guys know I am ALL about easy weeknight dinners. Toddler life is no joke, and I simply don’t have time to make long drawn out dinners every night. These Baked Turkey Meatballs are beyond easy to make, pair well with so many things, and are just as delicious a few days later!
How do you make Baked Turkey Meatballs?
It’s so simple!! Add everything into one large mixing bowl and mix (preferably with your hands) until combined. Then, using a large spoon or cookie scooper, scoop into equal sized portions, roll into a ball and place onto a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining meat mixture and then pop into the oven! Yep, it’s truly that easy!
How do I know when the Baked Turkey meatballs are cooked through?
I tend to eyeball it, but to be absolutely sure, use a meat thermometer and make sure the center registers at around 165 degrees F.
What should I serve Turkey Meatballs with?
There are so many options!! To name a few:
- With pasta and marinara sauce (my favorite combo is angel hair with Rao’s tomato basil marinara. Talk about an easy and delicious weeknight dinner)
- On a toasted baguette with melted cheese, marinara, and a little spinach. YUM
- With pesto and zucchini noodles– another fan fave!
- Submerged in sauce and served with toasted bread– great appetizer for a crowd!
Easy Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 meatballs 1x
- 2 T butter
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Angel Hair and Marinara
- Other favorite sauces (pesto, parmesan, etc)
- On a toasted baguette (personal fave)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and place a wire rack on top. spray with olive oil. *see notes
- Melt 1-2 T butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic, until soft.
- Add sautéed onion and garlic to a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients and using your hands mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to scoop 1 1/2 inch balls onto sheet pan. Repeat with all remaining turkey mixture.
- Spray or brush meatballs with olive oil, then bake for 15-20 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, pasta, veggies, etc. Enjoy!!
*if you don’t have a wire rack, it’s okay to put the meatballs directly onto parchment paper or foil.