Talk about delicious, these Easy Baked Chicken Meatballs are such a WIN, and I’m so happy to be sharing them with you today.
Does the thought of making meatballs intimidate you? Even just slightly.. It’s always seemed like a complicated process to me, even though it’s not! Now that I’m married to an Italian, I better get to mas meatball making, am I right?!
I love how easy these Baked Chicken Meatballs are. One bowl, one skillet, and dinner/appetizer/snack/side, whatever you want to call it– IS SERVED. They are also healthier than some meatballs on the market- win win if you as me.
I like to make these in a large oven-safe skillet because:
- They fit in the skillet like a charm
- It cooks them to golden perfection
- And, well, it just looks legit! Especially if you’re serving guests, I love the way it looks!
How do you make Chicken Meatballs from scratch?
It’s truly so easy. Get out a medium sized mixing bowl and add the following items:
- ground chicken
- Panko bread crumbs
- grated parmesan
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- red pepper flakes
Toss it all together until well incorporated and we are halfway there!! Next, simply roll into 2 inch balls and place directly into a greased skillet or casserole dish. Pop in the oven and bake them off until golden (~20-25 minutes).
Remove that hot skillet from the oven, pour the marinara sauce all over the meatballs, spooning the sauce from the skillet to cover the tops, sprinkle with cheese, and pop back in the oven for an additional 18-20 minutes.
So easy, right?? I like to garnish with fresh basil and voila. Pro TIPP: serve at your next dinner party with toasted baguette and everyone with LOVE YOU.
OTHER EASY RECIPES TO TRY!
- Spicy Tomato and Spinach Linguine
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- Sheetpan Buffalo Cauliflower Gnocchi and Chicken Sausage
- Sheetpan Lemon Dill Salmon and Asparagus
Easy Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c chopped Italian parsley
- 1– 25 oz jar marinara of choice (I like Rao’s or the Organic Tomato Basil from Trader Joe’s- see this post)
- 1/3 c shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil, sliced into strips, for serving
- Toasted bread (our favorite!)
- Over pasta
- With vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large oven safe skillet or casserole dish.
- Add ground chicken, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, egg, and parsley to a medium sized mixing bowl; and mix until well incorporated.
- Using either an ice cream scoop or your hands, roll chicken mixture into 2 inch balls and place directly into greased skillet (should make around 15-16 meatballs). Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until firm and starting to golden.
- Remove skillet from the oven, and carefully pour the entire jar of marinara on top. Take a spoon and cover all meatballs with the sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, and transfer back to the oven for an additional 18-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with fresh basil and serve!!