FOR THE COOKIE CUPS:
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c butter
- Easter sprinkles
- Easter m&m’s
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, softened butter, and egg; mix until no clumps remain. Stir in sprinkles.
- Scoop the prepared dough into each mini muffin hole, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Use the back of your spoon to create an indention and then use your hands to press the dough against the sides of the cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. You may need to press your spoon into each cookie cup once more to get the “cup” shape.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, 20-25 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting, add softened butter and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until creamy. Add vanilla, milk, salt, and green food coloring. Mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon buttercream frosting into each cookie cup and top with 3 m&m’s.