Let’s chat about the cutest and most delicious treats ever. Easter Cookie Cups with Buttercream Frosting- oh my WOWZA. Can you believe Easter is just right around the corner? I seriously don’t know where the time is going, but it needs to slow down.
Alessandro ran the Dallas half Marathon this morning and totally rocked it! I’m definitely proud of that guy. And it actually looked like the best time ever. Although I was a solid cheerleader, I might need to join in on the fun next year. And nowww, we gotta get our party pants on and root on our Kansas Jayhawks! But before I go…I need to share this glorious recipe with you all because I’m sure you’re planning your Easter menu’s and these most definitely need to make the cut! I would be lying if I told you I only had one of these cookie cups and NO, I did not lick the icing bowl (gah, who do you think I am?).
Now go on, put these items on your list and get to baking!! Happy Sunday, half marathons, Jayhawk Bball, and Easter Cookie Cups with BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Sorry for yelling, but it’s just so damn good.
Sugar Cookie Easter Bars
- Yield: 24 Cookie Cups 1x
FOR THE COOKIE CUPS:
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c butter
- Easter sprinkles
- Easter m&m’s
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, softened butter, and egg; mix until no clumps remain. Stir in sprinkles.
- Scoop the prepared dough into each mini muffin hole, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Use the back of your spoon to create an indention and then use your hands to press the dough against the sides of the cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. You may need to press your spoon into each cookie cup once more to get the “cup” shape.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, 20-25 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting, add softened butter and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until creamy. Add vanilla, milk, salt, and green food coloring. Mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon buttercream frosting into each cookie cup and top with 3 m&m’s.